What do I want to be when I grow up?
There are a myriad of careers open to PhD scientists – making a decision as to what your next career move will be can be daunting and scary! One strategy is to be as informed as possible and see how your personality, interests and priorities fit with your job opportunities.
- My IDP assessment – this can help identify your strengths and priorities (free, but registration required)
- How to identify skills you may need and bridge the gap
- How to go about doing informational interviews (see resources below)
– From start to finish: a guide to informational interviewing (NatureJobs Blog)
– Networking and Informational Interviewing (pdf) (Tufts University)
– Five example emails that make following up with people easy! (The Muse)
– How to work out what you want to be when you grow up (Adage of Ania)