While doing great research is critical to progress in your scientific career, learning how to manage your interactions with your peers, PI, collaborators and others will also help build your network and your reputation and in the longterm, may be more important in your career advancement.
- Conflict resolution: how would you resolve certain situations?
What is conflict resolution?
Conflict, arguments, and change are natural parts of our lives, as well as the lives of every agency, organization, and nation.
Conflict resolution is a way for two or more parties to find a peaceful solution to a disagreement among them. The disagreement may be personal, financial, political, or emotional.
When a dispute arises, often the best course of action is negotiation to resolve the disagreement.
The goals of negotiation are:
- To produce a solution that all parties can agree to
- To work as quickly as possible to find this solution
- To improve, not hurt, the relationship between the groups in conflict
How to best “lead” people
- Leading People When They Know More Than You Do
- How to Show Leadership Even When You’re Not the Boss
- How to Get a Job in a Leadership Role
How to set boundaries with your time when you are training someone