This page has moved! Visit our new site here: tuftspda.com.
A) Suggested resources for mentoring circles
1. Work/Life Balance
2. Best Practices for Good Time Management
3. Learning to Manage People
4. Determining your Strengths and Career Interests
5. What do I want to be when I grow up? Identifying your dream job
6. Developing your Network
7. Resources for Industry Track Scientists
8. Resources for Academic/Tenure Track Scientists
B) Base rules about mentoring program
1. Be realistic about your expectations! This is not a golden ticket for success, just another tool to help you get there!
2. Be prepared and respond to messages from your group.
3. Please do your homework and come prepared with your thoughts, advice and questions for your group. This benefits everyone involved!
4. Respect and keep an open dialogue. This is a safe place for everyone to discuss their thoughts – not just one person.
5. Respect the confidentiality of the circle.
6. Try to meet regularly! Ideally once a month for about an hour.
7. Have fun!
C) Suggested locations
Ideal locations are places that are relatively quiet. Some examples include:
– Boston Common Coffee Company in Downtown crossing
– Voltage in Kendall Sq
– Caffe Nero in Downtown Crossing
– Panera in either Harvard Sq, Back bay (between Copley and Arlington T) or Theatre District
– 5 Guys in Downtown crossing.